Tour du Mont Blanc
A circular walking tour of the Mont Blanc Massif...
Tour du Mont Blanc (10 day trek)
The Tour du Mont Blanc is suitable for those who are used to walking in
the mountains though previous trekking experience is not essential. To get
the best out of the trip, you should have a good level of fitness and be
able to walk up to 20km per day with a height gain of 1,200 metres. This
is similar to walking up Ben Nevis though many days are a lot easier than
Most days will involve walking for 6 to 8 hours along tracks, paths and
over some high passes reaching a maximum height of 2,500 metres. Nights
will be spent in dormitory accommodation in mountain huts / gites and
breakfast and a full evening meal will be provided.
There are a variety of ways in which the trip can be split but
basically, the trip will start and finish in Chamonix with ten days
walking covering approximately 190 kilometres and 10,000 metres of ascent.
One of many possible itinerary would be:
- Day 1 Chamonix to Les Fraserands
- Day 2 Les Fraserands to Le Peuty
- Day 3 Le Peuty to Champex
- Day 4 Champex to La Fouly
- Day 5 La Fouly to Grand Col Ferret
- Day 6 Grand Col Ferret to Val Veny
- Day 7 Val Veny to Les Chapieux
- Day 8 Les Chapieux to Col du Bonhomme
- Day 9 Col du Bonhomme to Les Houches / Chamonix
The cost for the trip is based on
Private Guiding prices.
If you are interested in this trek or have any questions, please
contact us by
See Fi's Marmotte site for more photos of the
Tour du Mont